EN CN


The grand and magnificent winery building is located on the roof terrace, thanks to the work of Michelangelo Buonarroti. The winery is located in the middle of a double garden. The first floor is mainly planted with large trees such as oak, chestnut and cypress. The second terrace has a typical italian-style garden with square flowerbeds and lemon vases. In 1933, the winery was officially acquired by the Carlo and Giulio Marchi brothers. With the help of Elena Marchi Luling, it was restored to Michelangelo's original design form, making it one of the greatest architectural art in the region. In 1938, the winery hired Pietro Porcinai, a famous landscape architect, to build a rectangular swimming pool in yellow and gray quartz-stone to embed the turquoise in the garden. From then on, the farm is reflected in the water, weaving a wonderful mirror world.





In the 1990s, Collazzi's vineyard and winery went through an all-around upgrade aimed at making high-end wines with character and quality. The management of the vineyard has also begun to focus on the external conditions such as soil and environment, and pursue the organic combination of landscape and culture, hoping to deliver a sincere heritage of awe to future generations. The quality of the vineyard reflects the harmony produced by the combination of soil, climate, and grapes over time. The re-establishment of the vineyard began in the mid-90s, and Lamberto Frescobaldi led and successfully implemented the project as a representative of the Marchi family. The soil composition of the vineyards of Collazzi is mostly gravel, partly clay, and rich in limestone and gravel. Such external conditions make the vineyard suitable for the planting of cabernet sauvignon, merlot, cabernet franc, and small flavorful varieties of bordeaux in addition to the traditional sangiovese variety.




Such a variety of planting patterns, combined with local temperate climates, ensure the complexity and uniqueness of the wine produced. Vineyard planting density of more than 6150 plants per hectare, pastoral management at the same time use the Spurred the cordon system (cordon DE royat) and Guyot system (by type) two methods of vine plastic: keep only a few per the vine shoots, which ensures the style of brewing wine with complex and long lasting aftertaste.






Collazzi, which has been wholly owned by the Marchi family since 1933, has a total land area of 400 hectares (about 960 acres), of which about 25 hectares are planted with wine grapes.





Since the last century, the Marchi brothers have invested heavily in the undeveloped development of Collazzi winery, not only renovating the original vines, but also renovating the wine cellars, adding modern winemaking equipment and perfecting the winery's infrastructure so as to produce excellent wines.






Due to the special geographical location of Collazzi winery, it has a microclimate different from the surrounding environment. Compared with the climate of Tuscany region, it is hotter and drier. The vineyard of the winery is mainly distributed under the potted landform, which is like a circular amphitheater. The hillside here has the most perfect southwest orientation, which endows the vines with longer sunlight and higher temperature accumulation, ensuring the maturity and stability of the grape fruit. In addition to 25 hectares of vineyards, the winery has 120 hectares of olive trees planted to produce a precious extra virgin olive oil. It also raises bees, which help pollinate grapes and produce a small amount of organic honey.